As we age the skin’s collagen and elastin production slows down. These are what help to give skin its plumpness and elasticity, and without them it becomes more prone to wrinkles and sagging. Here are some tips to keep skin looking its best.
- Use moisture-boosting mask twice a week and apply moisturizer morning and night.
- Serums are a great pick me up and deliver a lot of moisture. Pat the serum into the skin and let it sink in for five minutes, then apply your moisturizer.
- Choose a foundation that contains ingredients to plump and smooth the skin.
- The sensitive skin around the eyes is most prone to lines, so use an eye cream or gel with an SPF during the day.
- Eye creams or serums applied at night nourish the skin while you are sleeping.
- A moisturizing lip cream that boosts collagen production will keep lips hydrated.
- Avoid plumping lip glosses that literally sting the lips, as these can be very drying for the lips.
- Drink water – dehydration leads to dry skin and chapped lips. So stay hydrated and drink up!