My top tip for a gorgeous wide-eyed look is to curl your lashes- it lifts and fans them out, really opening up the eyes. Eyelash curlers may look like an instrument of torture, but once you master the art, they are very simple and effective.
- Look down, and place the curler at the roots of your upper lashes.
- Making sure you don’t catch the eyelid as you clamp down, gently squeeze the curler onto the lashes close to the roots.
- Work gradually outward along the length of the lashes toward the tips, keeping the pressure the same to create an even, gentle curve.
- Remove any unwanted clumps of mascara with an eyelash comb.
- Gently wipe away smudges with a Q-tip dipped in eye makeup remover.
- Don’t pump the mascara wand- this traps air and makes the mascara dry out faster.
- The wand can harbor bacteria, so don’t share mascara and discard it after three months.
- If you have an eye infection toss out your eye pencils and mascara!