So you want a more polished look? Never fear, the are lots of ways to get those eyeliner lines looking smooth and shapely without a huge mess and a ton of time!!!
- Hack 1: Perfect Cat Eye – If drawing a cat eye is like painting Renaissance-quality portraits on your eyelids, save yourself time and pain by making a stencil. On a small piece of paper, cut your desired cat eye shape and hold it up to your eyelids as you apply your liner. Even easier? Use a straight edge like a credit card to outline the perfect shape every time.
- Hack 2: Line and Curl – If you’re really pressed for time, you can line your eyes and curl your lashes in one step. Draw a line using either a eyeliner pencil or gel liner (avoid liquid liner because it smudges too easily) across the edge of your eyelash curler where it would be touching your lid right above your lashes, curl, and out you go!!! Instantly lined lids and curled lashes!
- Hack 3: Heat It Up – A pencil eyeliner becomes gel-like when you heat it up with a match or lighter. This means faster application for you. Hold your eye pencil in any color under the flame for one second, let it cool for 15 seconds, and then watch the consistency change right before your eyes. Finally, glide on your newly made gel liner for an instantly smoother formula.
- Hack 4: Mascara Liner – If you run out of eyeliner, use mascara instead to line your eyes in a pinch. Simply use a liner brush to collect the pigment off of the mascara brush, and use it to line your upper eyelid.
- Hack 5: Scotch Tape Eyeliner – To get a nice curve with your eyeliner shape, take an inch-long piece of Scotch tape and press it onto your hand a few times to make it less sticky. This will make it less harsh on the delicate skin of your eye area. Place the tape underneath your bottom lashes at the outer corner of your eye and angle it towards your temple. With the tape guiding you, line as usual and draw a stripe to the outer corner of your eye and then out onto the tape. Remove tape, and voila!!!!