Nude makeup made its big debut in the early nineties and was a success because it was a way for a woman to appear like she was naturally flawless and not wearing any makeup at all. The only problem was that back then, colors tended to look matted and chalky and made everyone appear a little pasty. Make up technology has advanced, and the “new” nudes are ultra sheer with light-reflecting pigments that add radiance for a more polished finish. Tip – Choose nude shades that have a hint of peach or pink so they will enhance your skin and won’t wash you out…
Get the Nude Look:
- To get started, first apply your foundation, under-eye concealer, spot concealer, powder, and highlighter.
- Next, sweep a soft, shimmering, toffee-colored eye shadow from lash line to crease.
- Smudge dark chocolate pencil into your lash line. Eyeliner is key with bare makeup, so your eyes don’t disappear.
- Sweep black mascara on upper and lower lashes.
- Apply soft, sandy pink blush onto the apples of your cheeks and slightly upward along your cheekbones. It will give your face an extra hint of color so you don’t look pale.
- Last, choose a sheer nude moisturizing lipstick. A gleamy finish is essential with nude shades because it will help your lips stand out.
Best Nude Lip Colors:
- Porcelain- skinned, Redheads, Blondes, and fair-skinned Brunettes look lovely with peachy nudes.
- Brunettes with Olive skin look beautiful with warm pink nudes.
- Dark- skin looks Amazing wearing mocha tones.