I recommend and suggest that your personal makeup kit includes these essential products and tools. Also, this list is a great starting point for anyone to build a more extensive makeup kit. Let’s get started on what you will need:
- Sponges – Great for clean-up and blending excess foundation or concealer.
- Pencil Sharpener – Always keep your pencils clean with sharp points to ensure the best application.
- Cotton Swabs – Great for smudging liners, cleaning up a messy lip line and flaking mascara mishaps.
- Cotton Pads – Useful for removing extra makeup
- Wipes – Great for freshening up the face and hands. Baby wipes work great also!
- Foundation – You may need a shade for summer and winter.
- Concealer – Look for a shade that works best for under the eyes, as well as, another shade for your face.
- Powder – Translucent and finely milled are my favorite powders to use.
- Bronzer – A matte finish for daytime color and one with sparkle for night time.
- Blush – Find your perfect daytime color and one dramatic shade for night.
- Eyeshadow – Neutral tones are easy but choose color for days when you want to have some fun.
- Eyeliner – I recommend a black liner for everyone, unless you are very pale, then I would recommend a brown liner.
- Mascara – Black! Again unless you are very pale and fair skin tone, then use brown.
- Brow Color – One shade lighter than your hair color, and a shade that matches your hair color perfectly. Or a palette to mix your perfect.
- Lipliner – Natural to enhance your lip color
- Lipstick – Neutral for easy wear and a pop of color on extra days
- Lip Gloss – The more, the better in my eyes!
- Brushes – I’ve decided to have a full blog post on what brushes to use and what they are used for.
- Clean Towel – Great to wipe brushes clean and make for a clean surface to work from.
- Makeup Case – Or a makeup bag, to store all of your cherished products!
Hope this list gets you started on your makeup journey!!! See y’all next week with more beauty tips and tricks!!