Make the most of any opportunity you get in front of a camera. Practice these useful tips to make sure you always look your best.
- Brush your hair quickly, in case it’s sticking up and check that you don’t have anything stuck between your teeth.
- Don’t face the camera head-on. Turn your body slightly to one side, but keep your head facing forward for a more natural pose.
- Don’t look directly into the lens. Instead, look slightly to the side. This will help you to avoid red-eye.
- Press your tongue to the roof of your mouth, lift your chin slightly as though you are stretching to look over a high garden fence and smile. This way you’ll avoid any unflattering shadows under your chin.
- If your photographer is using a flash, widen your eyes a little just before the picture is taken so that you’re not caught with your eyes closed.
- Try not to stand with your back to a light, as it will make you appear in silhouette.
- People always look good in a picture when they are laughing. Try to think of something funny just before the shot and you’ll be caught at your best possible moment!