If your hair’s looking dull and dirty, it’s time to take some action. A few extra treats will soon have it back to its shiny, healthy best!
- Be A Water Baby. Just as drinking lots of water can help brighten your skin, a good dose of h2o can keep your hair shiny, too.
- Lather Up! If your hair is looking less than glamorous, lather up regularly with a mild shampoo to keep the dirt at bay.
- Shampoo Dry Hair. If your hair is ultra dirty, try applying the shampoo straight onto dry, hair, then leave it in for five minutes before you rinse.
- Get Conditioning! Condition your hair regularly to guarantee silky, shiny tresses. Try this easy recipe for a luxurious homemade version.
What You Will Need
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- A dash of vinegar
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and cover your hair from root to tips. Wind a warm towel around your head and wait for twenty minutes before rinsing thoroughly. The milk will cleanse your hair, while the honey nourishes, and the vinegar adds a gloss.
- Rinse Out. Rinse your hair under the shower until the water runs completely clear to be sure no shampoo or conditioner is left behind_ it will just make your hair look dull and drab again.
- Get Brushing. Groom your hair once or twice a day to remove built-up dirt and dead skin cells. Always brush thoroughly before you wash your hair to allow the shampoo to move easily through it.
There’s no point in brushing your shiny hair with a dirty brush. Wash your brushes and combs regularly in a bowl of warm water with a dollop of shampoo and leave them to dry on a towel.