Every couple of weeks, set aside a bit of time to give yourself a relaxing salon-style facial at home. It’ll help keep skin deep-down clean and super soft.
- Smooth your skin with cleansing cream, gentle soap, or a facial wash. Leave it on for one or two minutes to give it time to dissolve grime and makeup, then wipe away with a clean, damp towel.
- Massage a blob of facial scrub or some dry, uncooked oatmeal over your skin to whisk away dead surface skin cells and clear blocked pores. Rinse away with warm water.
- Fill a bowl with freshly boiled water. Then lean over the bowl, capturing the steam by placing a towel over your head. Stay there for five minutes to allow the steam to warm and soften your skin. Those with sensitive skin should skip this step.
- Splash your face with warm water and pat dry.
- Smooth on a homemade fruit facial: If you have oily skin: Crush six strawberries with a fork, smooth onto your face, and leave on for three minutes. If you have normal/dry skin: Crush a peeled banana with a fork, smooth onto your face, and leave on for five minutes.
- Remove the mask with a clean tissue, then rinse your face with warm water.
- Finish with a splash of cool water to freshen up your skin. Pat dry with a towel. Do not rub!
- Dot your skin with moisturizer and massage it in to encourage a brighter complexion.