Pencil liners are my liners of choice because I like to create a strong, deep line. However, I also like to use highly pigmented shadows and an angle brush to define the eyes. Here are the most popular options for eyeliner.
- Kohl – Creamy and easy to smudge. I use this safely, in the waterline (inner rim) of the eye. Black to deepen or white/cream to brighten.
- Liquid – Dries to an opaque finish and creates a clean-lined look. This liner takes some practice!
- Gel – Cream based and dries like a liquid liner. Usually best for long wear. Apply with an angled brush.
- Powder – Eyeshadow can be applied as a liner using an angle brush and sometimes with a wet brush. (Use water, eye drops, or a sealer product.)
- Wood Pencil – Dry and less easy to smudge. Creates an opaque line.