Hooded eyelids droop over the eye crease, pushing the eyelashes down over the eye. It can be frustrating to apply makeup, as products tend to smear, and eyeliner and eyeshadow applications disappear under the lid. When applying eyeshadow, add a contour color slightly above the hooded lid to create the illusion of depth and to draw the eyes up. Apply a thicker application of eyeliner, using a stay-put cream or gel eyeliner focusing on the outer corners of the eyes.
How-To Apply An Eye Look
- Apply sheer foundation to the eyelid and undereye.
- Apply a lighter concealer to the inner corner and undereye.
- Set the foundation and concealer with translucent loose powder.
- Apply golden taupe eyeshadow to the base of the lid, making sure to apply it more heavily at the outer corners and slightly above the crease.
- Apply a dark brown cream/gel eyeliner in a 45-degree angle on the outer corner of the upper lash line.
- Curl your lashes and apply black waterproof mascara to the upper and lower eyelashes to avoid smudging.
- (Optional) Add corner eyelashes to the outer corner to add additional lift to the eye.
- Apply eyebrow pencil, concentrating on creating an arch to the brow and filling it in the top and tail of the eyebrow.
- Apply clear brow gel.