Monolids are flat eyelids without a fold, which offer a lot of lid space to work with. To create depth, use the layering technique, applying the darkest color closest to the lashline, neutral tones in the middle, and highlight colors at the brow bone. You can choose to apply one layer of shadow (imagine colors directly on top of each other, similar to a rainbow, with the top color being the lightest and the bottom color being the darkest).
Let’s get started!
- Apply foundation to the eyelid and undereye.
- Apply a lighter shade of concealer under the eye and also in the inner corner.
- Set the foundation and concealer with a translucent loose powder.
- Apply a mauve eyeshadow to the base of the lid.
- Apply soft eggplant eyeshadow along the lash line, blending into the mauve eyeshadow.
- Apply pale gold eyeshadow along the lower lash line, in the inner corner, and under the brow bone.
- Apply black cream eyeliner along the upper lash line.
- Curl lashes and apply a waterproof black mascara to the upper and lower lashes.
- Apply short and long individual eyelashes along the upper lashes. (optional)
- Apply dark brown eyebrow pomade, using a synthetic angled brow brush, concentrating on slightly extending the tail of the brow.
- Apply a clear brow gel.