You can keep it natural with a just-showered, fresh smell, or you can add a scent that you love. Perfumes come in a nearly endless range of scents – from woodsy to earthy to floral. You can also use essential oils to make your own perfumes. Just be sure to use a scent sparingly, too much overpowers a room. Let your scent help you shine.
What’s your favorite scent? Make up your own with a solid perfume. It’s easy, smell great, and is portable too. You can find the beeswax beads you’ll need online or at a co-op, a natural food store, or a craft store.
What You’ll Need:
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Beeswax Beads
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Sweet Almond Oil or Olive Oil
- 20 Drops of Essential Oil of your choice
- A Glass Measuring Cup
- A Small Bowl
- A Small Saucepan
- An Oven Mitt
- A Spoon
- A Small Container with a lid, such as an old, cleaned Eye Shadow Container
Here’s How to Make:
- Boil the water in the saucepan over medium heat.
- Measure the beeswax beads into the measuring cup. Set the measuring cup in the boiling water.
- Let the beeswax beads melt. It may take 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, work on Step 4.
- Add the almond or olive oil to the small bowl. Mix in the essential oil or try a combination.
- When the beads are melted, turn off the burner. Use the oven mitt to carefully remove the measuring cup from the saucepan. The measuring cup will be hot so be careful!
- Place the measuring cup on a heatproof surface. Quickly stir in the oil mixture, before the wax starts to harden.
- Pour the hot wax perfume into the small container you have selected. Let it sit and harden fully for about 30 minutes.
- Rub a small amount of solid perfume on your wrists. As your skin warms the wax, your scent is released! Congrats, you just made your own perfume!!!!