Everybody knows that your skin doesn’t begin with your forehead and end at your chin, yet that’s the area everyone concentrates on the most. You need to take care of your skin from head to toe. Consider some of these tips and tricks.
- Consider your ears, neck, shoulders, and chest an extension of your facial skin and treat accordingly.
- Your chest and shoulders are very prone to sunburn, so protect them with sunscreen when outdoors. You should always cover your whole body with sunscreen.
- Your hands give away your age faster than your face. Use a hand cream with SPF throughout the day.
- Apply body lotion after every bath or shower.
- Exfoliate your body and boost your skin with a dry brush. (Buy a soft body brush at a drugstore or health store.) You can do this every morning before you get in the shower. Brush toward your heart, not away from it.
- If bacne (acne on your back) is a problem, cleanse with a specially formulated body wash. Since the back is hard to reach, try to find a salicylic body spray to treat the area.