For wedding makeup, whether you’re the bride, bridesmaid, or a guest, I believe the focus should be on beautiful skin. There is nothing better than that finished glow for the big day. To give the makeup longevity, the skin will need extra prep. This will help it last throughout the day (and night!).
- Start off by applying moisturizer to the skin and leave it to soak in for 10-15 minutes.
- Spritz MAC Fix plus all over the face, then leave to dry. There is some confusion with this product as some people have been using it as a setting spray, which is isn’t. You can apply Fix plus before or after makeup as it helps to create an even surface and refresh the skin. I love to apply it before makeup, then use a setting spray at the end.
- Prime the eyelids with foundation and set with a translucent powder.
- Using a soft fluffy brush and warm brown eyeshadow such as Mulac Cosmetics in Toast, blend over the eyelid all the way through the crease.
- Pack a warm dark brown eyeshadow such as Urban Decay in Toasted all over the lid, then add a small amount of a cool dark brown eyeshadow such as Urban Decay in Darkhorse in the outer corners.
- Wipe away any mess-up that may have dropped down underneath the eye using a gentle makeup remover.
- Apply foundation – for this look, I chose Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat, for a radiant complexion. Next, apply concealer in the necessary areas.
- With a medium-sized powder brush, dust Laura Mercier Translucent Powder under the eyes, around the nose, mouth, and in the center of the forehead (a small amount goes a long way).
- Fill in the eyebrows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in your color of choice. Use short strokes to fill in the brow, then blend using the spoolie at the end of the pencil.
- Blend a small amount of the cool brown eyeshadow underneath the lash line on the outer corners of the eyes.
- Curl your lashes and add a generous amount of Yves Saint Laurent False Lash Effect Mascara.
- Add a subtle contour using Kevin Aucoin’s The Celestial Bronzing Veil and add a few strokes of Mulac Cosmetics Blush in Bambi on the apples of the cheeks.
- With a fan brush, highlight the tops of the cheekbones, tip of the nose, Cupid’s bow, and inner corners of the eye with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone.
- Fill in your lips with MAC lip liner in Edge.
- To complete the look, add Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Pure Hollywood on top, blending out the edges with your index finger.
For your skincare routine on your big day, check out Glam and Uncensored blog post for Skincare Steps For Your Wedding Day, also check out her other blog posts, she has some amazing advice! Congratulations on your big day! Click the link below!