- Powder Brush – For powder foundation
- Liquid Foundation Brush – For liquid foundation
- Concealer Brush – For applying the concealer evenly
- Blush Brush – For applying blush on the cheeks
- Lip Brush – For applying liquid forms of lipstick or gloss
- Eyeliner Brush – For applying the eyeliner on the lower lash line and sides of the eyelid (especially for a smokey effect)
- Eye Shadow Applicator – For applying eye shadow on the eyelid
Besides these types of brushes, there are two main categories of brushes, which you need to know about:
- Synthetic and Natural Makeup Brushes
You will find makeup brushes in endless shapes, but it’s not always about the shape, what matters, is whether it is a natural bristle brush or a synthetic one. This is because natural bristles have a different texture to synthetic ones. Natural bristles tend to be mostly soft, whereas synthetic ones may vary depending on the brand that you choose.
Some brushes (regardless of natural or synthetic) may be rough and the bristles will not stand up well enough to enhance the makeup. Therefore, you have to be very sure before picking one and testing it; is a Must-Do!
On the other hand, if you are an animal lover, then you may not want to use natural brushes to show your stand against using animal products. In this case, go for synthetic brushes but make sure that the bristles are soft, flexible, and as good as natural brushes. Besides all this, keep in mind that natural brushes made from animal hair are usually more expensive than synthetic brushes.
Natural brushes are also inclined to hold the color pigment in a better way and create a softer and more natural look.